This educational activity is intended for healthcare professionals and researchers working in the fields of hand surgery, peripheral nerve and/or neural regeneration, and microneurovascular surgery and other complex reconstructions.
ABMS Core Competencies
This program will address the following ACGME/ABMS Competencies:
- Patient Care and Procedural Skills
- Medical Knowledge
- Systems-Based Practice
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Cine-Med and AAHS. Cine-Med is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AAHS Designation Statement
The 2024 AAHS Annual Meeting
Cine-Med designates this live activity for XX AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
All other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on the applicability and acceptance of Certificates of Participation for activities designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, consult your professional licensing board.
ALL Abstract Authors have indicated that they have No Relevant Financial Relationships to Disclose (see Abstract Session for full author titles).
Hardware / Software Requirements
An internet connection speed of at least 4Mbps and a modern browser
This activity is designed for surgeons and therapists who are involved in the specialty of orthopedic and plastic hand surgery.
At the conclusion of this activity the learner will be able to:
- Develop relationships and mentoring that lead to successful hand research and contributions to better patient outcomes.
- Describe the new landscape of medicine leading to better patient care through the use of social media, the internet and understating new reimbursement models.
- Discuss clinical and basic scientific research on hand and upper extremity problems.
- Integrate principles of hand therapy with surgical management of hand and upper extremity problems.
- Evaluate surgical and nonsurgical principles of managing common hand and upper extremity problems.
- Compare the intellectual discourses through an integrated program with the related surgical societies (ASRM and ASPN) and resolve conflicts.
- Implement enhanced management of fractures, arthritis and congenital problems.
- Compare clinical and nonclinical hand therapy issues for a variety of hand problems and fractures.
Claiming Duplicate Credits
Participants should not claim credit for presentations or sessions viewed under an identical title and learning objectives delivered in a live setting (in-person or online). Credits claimed cannot exceed the maximum number of credits designated under the same activity title and learning objectives
Does this meeting qualify for CEU?
No. However, non-physician attendees can claim proof of attendance by following the same steps listed above for claiming CME.